Here you can find information what are the rules of festivals' competitions and what are the prizes.
13th December 2014, The Old Market Square, Main Stage
Speed Ice Carving
- The Organizer of the International Ice Sculpture Festival is the City of Poznan.
- The competition is open only to those who pre-registered and were admitted to participate in the event.
- Speed Carving Competition will be held on 13 December from 10:00 to 17:30.
- The subject of competition works will be imposed by the Organizer.
Speed Carving Rules:
- Competition participants will create sculptures at the main stage in the Old Market Square.
- The contestants will compete on stage from 10:00 to 17:30.
- Sculpture projects will be prepared by the competition organiser.
- Each participant can see the projects on the competition day, before the competition starts.
- In order to create a sculpture, a contestant will receive a block of ice with the dimensions of 1 m x 0.5 m x 0.25 m, an electric saw and a saw with carving guide rail.
- It is permissible to use one chisel to put the finishing touches.
- The contestants will draw the project before entering the stage.
- The participants will finish their work in regular time in a 25-minute round.
- In the final round, the contestants will have 35 minutes to create sculptures.
- There will be only one winner selected from each three- and two-person group.
- After all the stages are summarized, the winner of the 9th Ice Sculpture Festival in Poznan will be selected.
- Each group winner and the winner of the competition will be selected by the jury.
14th December 2014, The Old Market Square
The Main Competition
The main competition will be held on 14 December from 8:00 to 17:00, as announced by the organizer.
The main competition will involve two-person teams.
The subject of works in the competition held on 14 December is free.
The sculptures will be evaluated by the competition jury.
- first Impression - 20 points
- use of ice and technical abilities - 30 points
- design and composition (proportions and symmetry, design and composition, attention to detail) - 40 points
- creativity & originality of the design - 10 points
- TOTAL 100 points
Additional comments and reservations:
- max. sculpture height - 3 m
- use of numerical machines, milling machines, lathes, mechanical cutters for tiles is prohibited
- use of previously prepared materials is prohibited
- advertising of companies not being the sponsors of the festival is prohibited (it is prohibited to set up advertising banners, distribute advertising materials, leaflets, etc.)
- All elements of a sculpture have to be made of ice, no other decorations, such as ribbons, fabrics, etc. can be used.
- It is not allowed to put inscriptions on sculptures.
The competition winners will receive the following prizes:
- place - 1,500 euro
- place - 1,000 euro
- place - 500 euro