City of Green Areas
Poznań offers excellent opportunities for relaxation among lakes and forests, as well as many attractions for the enthusiasts of active leisure. Greenery covers roughly 27% of the city's land area. Small and large green spaces can be found throughout the city, some of them deserving particular attention.
While staying in Poznań you should consider visiting at least the following spots:
- Malta Lake: located just 10 minutes away from the city centre, is a picturesque and one of the best regatta courses in Europe. A place of numerous rowing events, including the World Cup. On the other hand, Malta is a year-round sports and recreation centre, including Malta Thermal Baths - the most modern and at the same time largest indoor water complex in Poland. On the stretch of about 6 hectares there are 18 pools with the joint water surface area of 500 square metres. The complex includes an Aqua Park, Sauna World with 16 saunas and sports pools. More: www.termymaltanskie.com
- Citadel: the Citadel is Poznań’s largest city park (~100 hectares), and is one of Poznań residents’ favorite places of leisure and relaxation, with a rich museum offer (Museum of Armaments , "Poznań" Army Museum). In the park area, there is an installment of one of Magdalena Abakanowicz’s largest outdoor works “The Unrecognized Ones”. More: Citadel Park
- Botanical Garden: Poznań Botanical Gardens have been established between 1922 and 1925. In the area of 22 hectares it gathers the impressive collection of over 7 thousand species and varieties of plants from nearly all climate zones on Earth. More: Botanical Garden
- Warta River area - Poznań City beach & more: relaxing in a beach chair, swinging in a hammock, a tasty snack, perhaps even a beach volleyball match or a round of boules in a specially prepared area? If blissful laziness is your thing, and you also like to do sports, Poznań City Beach is THE place for you to be. There are also many outdoor events here, making this location vibrant and lively all summer long. The Poznań City Beach is available from June 1st till August 31st. More: Summer by the Warta River
- Rusałka Lake: this nature enclave near the city center is a popular sport for recreation and relaxation for Poznań residents. The fishermen fish, the cyclists and equestrians roam the forest paths. The lake’s serene location is also a favorite among the lovers of jogging and Nordic Walking.More: Rusałka Lake